NIMCET Registration 2021 Begins Today On nimcet.in Exam on May 23
If you are looking forward to attempting a Master of Computer Application (MCA) from a reputed institute? The National Institute of Technology (NIT) leads NIMCET, a national level exam, every year for all the candidates. Candidates qualifying in the NIMCET 2021 can join for MCA course from any NIT.
- Applicants of the general category will have to pay an application charge of INR 2200 to apply.
- More than 25,000 applicants apply for the NIMCET exam every year, and only 4500 candidates are get shortlisted for the next counseling session from the applied candidates.
- This year, 805 seats are expected to be given in MCA programs across the 11 National Institutes of Technology (NITs) in the country.
What is NIMCET?
The NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) is a National Level Entrance Test conducted every year by the National Institute of Technology (NITs) for admission into the MCA (Master of Computer Application) program in the participating institutes. Around 25,000 students appear for the exam, out of which more than 850 students secure seats in various NITs.
NIMCET is normally carried in the month of May, but it got postponed due to the referring pandemic situation. This exam would be managed by the National Institute of Technology, Raipur, this year. This is done on a rotational basis. The exam is conducted offline i.e Pen and Paper-based and it will be conducted in 21 centers across the country.
Candidates can participate in the National Institute of Technology (NIT) in Agartala, Calicut, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy), Warangal, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, and Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal.
Change of NIMCET 2021 Exam Centers
In the place of various requests concerning the change of exam centers, the exam official gives the option to change exam centers on the official portal of NIMCET 2021. Facility to change the exam centers given to only those applicants who have applied for the NIMCET 2021 exam.
Applicants having incomplete forms or no payment will not be counted. Applicants must remember that no further changes will be considered beyond the given time.
NIMCET 2021 Eligibility
There are some conditions that are set by the exam leading body for the applicants who are like to apply for the NIMCET 2021.
Candidates must assure that they are gathering all the conditions before applying for the exam. These are the eligibility criteria set down by the exam leading body. Applicants should check if they meet the criteria or not.
The aspirants must have passed B.Sc/ B.Sc (Hons)/ BCA/ BIT (Three Years of Duration) with minimum 60 percent marks or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scales (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale in case of SC/ ST) or the applicants must have passed BE/ B.Tech from a known University.
There is no percentage counter for BE/ B.Tech degree holders. Aspirants in the final year of their graduation can also apply given that they should be able to provide a certificate from the institute in which they are studying.
The applicant should be at least 20 years old in order to apply for NIMCET 2021.
NIMCET 2021 Application Process
An applicant aspiring to appear for the NIMCET 2021 exam must complete the application process before the given date. The admit card is published for only those applicants who successfully register and get the payment before the given date. The step-by-step process to complete the NIMCET 2021 application form is as below.
- Applicants have to visit first the official website click here of the conducting body of NIMCET 2021 and click on the link ‘‘New Registration” to create a new user account.
- On the “New User Registration” page, the applicant must have to fill in all the fields correctly.
- Applicants need to assure that a valid email id and a 10 digits mobile number should be listed in the respective places.
- An email will be sent to the registered email id of the applicant containing a link to generate your password and security questions. Applicants must remember the email id, password, security answer, and mobile number, entered in the application form till the end of the NIMCET 2021 process.
Login and enter details
- Enter the username and password to log into the site and fill the application form.
- In the application form, fill all the mandatory personal and academic details (fields marked “Mandatory” must be filled). After filling in the details, choose the three test centers in order of preference, choose first which you want on priority.
- Applicants should also enter their marks / CGPA grades obtained in all the subjects studied in all the years including the languages, the optional and any additional subjects studied.
After filling in the NIMCET 2021 Application Form, the applicants has to upload all the relevant documents such as the applicant’s passport size photograph, provide a scanned copy of the signature, identity and date of birth (10th mark sheet), and the category/ caste/ PwD certificate(s).
Complete the payment
- Once the application filling process is completed, the candidate will be directed to the payment portal where the applicant needs to pay the NIMCET 2021 application fee.
- The candidates are suggested to download a soft copy of the completed application form and also keep a printed copy of the same for the next counseling and admission process.
Documents Required to apply for NIMCET 2021
A scanned copy of the following documents is required:
- Recent passport size color photograph with the size between 50 KB and 150 KB.
- For the candidate’s signature, the size should be between 50 KB and 150 KB. The signature should be made with Royal blue or Black color ink.
- Class X, XII, and Graduation mark sheets. The maximum size of the document can be 500 KB.
- Valid ID proof (with the candidate’s photograph).
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus
Applicants looking for NIMCET 2021 must have a clear concept about the exam pattern and syllabus to get more marks and crack the exam easily. The syllabus of NIMCET covers Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, General English, and Computer Awareness respectively. You can see the detailed subject-wise syllabus for NIMCET 2021 below.
- Set Theory
- Probability and Statistics
- Coordinate Geometry
- Basic English Grammar (correct forms of verbs, prepositions, and articles)
- Word power
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Meaning of words and phrases
- Technical writing
- Basics of computers like Organisation of a computer, the Central Processing Unit (CPU), the structure of instructions in the CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, Integers, and Fractions, Binary and Hexadecimal
- Descriptions, Binary Arithmetic, Floating-point description of numbers, Boolean algebra, Truth tables.
MCA is a total of 3 years course, recognized and approved by the AICTE.
Yes, if you are willing to apply to the reserved category, you’re required to upload the Category certificate on the website.
No, you cannot change the details after the submission of the application form, so please fill the form correctly and verify once before submitting the form.
No, there is no such option provided yet, the NIMCET 2021 exam will be carried in the English language only.
NIMCET 2021 exam will be an offline test conducted with only one question paper which contains 120 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from different subjects i.e. Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, and General English.